SCI Smart City Development Initiative Limited was founded in 2019 with the objective developing and implementing smart interventions and strategies intended to reduce road crashes and improve road safety awareness and vigilance.
To conduct novel research, develop, implement, and scale smart data-and technology-driven solutions to address urban issues such as road crashes, education for disadvantaged communities, public health issues, environmental pollution, and crime.
SCI Smart City Development Initiative Limited.
What We Are Doing.
We research, develop, implement and scale smart data-and-technology driven solutions to urban challenges in transport, environment, education, and public health sectors with support from international and local donor agencies and organisations.
We collaborate with international and national organizations, local governments, urban authorities, community associations and groups.
- To develop mechanisms for improving service delivery in cities through smart technologies.
- To initiate, mediate, manage, develop, conduct and assist leadership in various cities in designing programmes aimed at the realization of a smart city in Uganda.
- To contribute to the improvement of the quality of life of Ugandans in cities by providing smart solutions to social issues.
- To guide local governments through evidence-based policy interventions on smart cities.
- To use digital innovation to make urban service delivery more efficient and thereby increase the overall competitiveness of a community.
- To conduct ground breaking research around the implementation of smart cities.
- To train role models in various communities that can support and promote the gospel of Smart Cities to the common person.
- To encourage and spark creativity among youths, to develop business ideas that can promote Smart City programs.
- To mobilise funds from Government, Local Governments, agencies, and other sources to funds to foster the objectives of the organisation.
- To create partnerships with various cities in other countries that have already demonstrated successful stories as Smart Cities.
- To organise training, workshops, fellowships, and conferences among others promoting smart cities programs.
- To act as an agent and mediator in the extension of any assistance between the two parties intending to deal in any way of promoting the programs of smart cities.
- To set up projects intended to promote programs for developing smart cities in the country and the region.
SCI Smart City Development Initiative Uganda
Our Specific objectives
SCI Smart City Development Initiative Limited (SCI-Ug) was founded in 2019 with the objective developing and implementing smart interventions and strategies intended to reduce road crashes and improve road safety awareness and vigilance.
This includes the following specific objectives:
- To develop and implement smart road safety strategies
- To promote road safety awareness amongst drivers, passengers, and pedestrians through periodic sensitization and training
3. To research and advocate for safe roads and safe vehicles through smart evidence-based recommendations and policy frameworks.
4. To enhance compliance with road safety rules and regulations and minimize penalties and convictions for traffic offenses through community sensitization.